[Dixielandjazz] How not to perform our National Anthem

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:16:20 EDT

--part1_172.107c6322.2aeae474_boundary

In a message dated 10/25/02 12:52:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
Kmstrmldr@aol.com writes:

> Perhaps one problem is that we "use" our national anthem too much.  On
> friday nights in this country, it is sung hundreds of thousands of times at
> football games.  It is sung at virtually every sporting event.  Maybe we
> hear it so much that some think it is O.K. to make a jazz piece out of it.

   A very good point, Don and thanks for pointing it out. It would be nice if
we could get it out of all of these sporting events and save it for more
meaningful occasions.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_172.107c6322.2aeae474_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/25/02 12:52:35 PM Central Daylight Time, Kmstrmldr@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Perhaps one problem is that we "use" our national anthem too much.&nbsp; On friday nights in this country, it is sung hundreds of thousands of times at football games.&nbsp; It is sung at virtually every sporting event.&nbsp; Maybe we hear it so much that some think it is O.K. to make a jazz piece out of it. </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; A very good point, Don and thanks for pointing it out. It would be nice if we could get it out of all of these sporting events and save it for more meaningful occasions.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_172.107c6322.2aeae474_boundary--