[Dixielandjazz] Re: mahogany hall scat l. armstrong

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:09:05 +1000

Dear Luis,
Unfortunately, I was unable to open the sound file you sent of the queried
"Mahogany Hall Stomp".
I have an iMac.
However, when I down-loaded the file to my desktop it had the title: "Mahogany
Hall Papa Bue's Viking...."
An important clue!
Arne 'Papa Bue" Jensen is a Danish trombonist who has led his well-known,
popular New Orleans style Viking Jazz Band since 1956. To my knowledge the band
is still in existence.
They recorded "Mahogany Hall Stomp" live at the 'Restaurant Vingaaden'
Copenhagen on 27 Oct 1975. It has been included on Storyville CD STCD6023. There
is no reference to a vocal (scat) by trumpet player Theis Jensen in my files.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Bill.