[Dixielandjazz] CD screw up

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:21:19 +0000

Hello Listees,

There've been a couple of posts regarding CDs containing material unrelated
to the label.

Andy Ling wrote:

>I have heard of this sort of thing happening before. The occasion I have
>first hand experience of was almost as bad. The CD being produced was
>actually computer software and what came from the suppliers was
>bagpipe music!

I played in a band in California called "The Joyful Noise Jazz Band" and we
recorded a CD at a local studio in the Bay Area (not Bay Records) and when
we got the boxes of finished CDs we played one and it contained Reggae
music! The Reggae band got to listen to some Dixieland!

All in all it was quite funny and the main difficulty for the bands was
having to put up with the inconvenience of the delay in the delivery date
due to a recording studio screw up. Actually, I rather liked the Reggae
music and I still have (and occasionally play) a cut or two of the odd CD.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Bob Marley" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com