[dixielandjazz] Re: Tune titles>>>>Virus Alert

briantowers briantowers@msn.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:27:27 -0400

Hi Bud,

Not guilty!   I have AVG anti-virus which works well.   Most importantly,
that was NOT MY E-MAIL ADDRESS! (briantowers@cwctv.net) - I have never heard
of it!
Incidentally I downloaded the "bugbear" antidote last week and no trace of
the worm was found in my system.

This is part of a message I may have sent out months or years ago!  It has
come back from somebody elses files!

Last week I had a "bugbear" infected e-mail purporting to come from listmate
Brian Harvey (which I did not open).  I told Brian Harvey about it and he
confirmed the email address was not his and that he did not send the
message.  Again it must have been picked up from somebody's file a third
party.    Most likely some-one on the DJML is unknowingly affected.  The
worm is going through their files and mailing out messages to people in
his/her address book.

This is really weird.   I recommend everyone on the DJML should check for
this worm by downloading FxBgbear from Symantec - it is 174 KB and I have a
copy of it.
Brian Towers