[dixielandjazz] Re: Tune titles>>>>Virus Alert

BudTuba@aol.com BudTuba@aol.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:40:05 EDT

--part1_12c.18dc51f4.2ad6eb45_boundary

In a message dated 10/1/02 6:09:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
briantowers@cwctv.net writes:

> Is this a wild guess or did some-one actually write it and believe it?
> The bit about putting in the word "blues" for commercal reasons is correct,
> however!
>
> Jelly Roll Morton wrote "the Wolverines"  long before Bix was ever heard
> of!
> Best reference for background to this composi

This message sent by Brian Towers was discovered by my Norton as infected by
the Bugbear virus.  It said it was quaranteed.  The file was called
"BIXBIEDERBECKE.tif.scr".  When I went looking for it, it was not where it
should have been.  There is no attachment to this message.  If one is
detected by anyone..do not open it, but let me know.

Meanwhile, Brian, you should go to Norton or McAfee and download the
screening program for this "Bugbear" virus and make sure your computer is
cleaned up.

Bud Taylor
Smugtown Stompers
Rochester, NY
Traditional Jazz since 1958

--part1_12c.18dc51f4.2ad6eb45_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 10/1/02 6:09:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, briantowers@cwctv.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Is this a wild guess or did some-one actually write it and believe it?<BR>
The bit about putting in the word "blues" for commercal reasons is correct,<BR>
however!<BR>
<BR>
Jelly Roll Morton wrote "the Wolverines"&nbsp; long before Bix was ever heard of!<BR>
Best reference for background to this composi<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
This message sent by Brian Towers was discovered by my Norton as infected by the Bugbear virus.&nbsp; It said it was quaranteed.&nbsp; The file was called "BIXBIEDERBECKE.tif.scr".&nbsp; When I went looking for it, it was not where it should have been.&nbsp; There is no attachment to this message.&nbsp; If one is detected by anyone..do not open it, but let me know.<BR>
<BR>
Meanwhile, Brian, you should go to Norton or McAfee and download the screening program for this "Bugbear" virus and make sure your computer is cleaned up.<BR>
<BR>
<P ALIGN=CENTER></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0">Bud Taylor<BR>
<B>Smugtown Stompers</B><BR>
Rochester, NY<BR>
Traditional Jazz since 1958</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_12c.18dc51f4.2ad6eb45_boundary--