[Dixielandjazz] Virus

trevor@clevedonjazzclub.co.uk trevor@clevedonjazzclub.co.uk
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 20:14:34 +0100

Hi

It would appear that  e-mail messages are being received by some which
purport to be from 'Brad Nott' - who gives an e-mail address of
'turbotrad@clevedonjazzclub.co.uk' - and have an attachment entitled BIX
BEIDERBECKE.tif.ex. These messages contain the W32.Bugbear@mm virus.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THE ATTACHMENT BE OPENED.

Brad Nott is unknown to any of us at Clevedon Jazz Club.

The e-mail address turbotrad@clevedonjazzclub.co.uk is not one used by
Clevedon Jazz Club

The virus was sent to me in the form of a 'bounced/undeliverable' e-mail
but was detected by my Norton Anti-Virus software.

If you do not already have Ant-Virus software installed, I recommend you do
so without further delay - and set it to automatically scan everything on a
regular basis as well as all inputs and outputs to your system. It should
also automatically update itself from the web. Norton works well!

Good Jazzin'

Trevor Tomasin

For Clevedon Jazz Club, Castaway News & The Long Weekend
Select the options at http://www.ClevedonJazzClub.co.uk
Join us on the Castawaynews-Chat Mailing List to get the latest news &
views by sending a blank e-mail to join-castawaynews-chat@lists.spunge.org