[Dixielandjazz] The Dirty Dozen

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:55:58 -0400 (EDT)

It's often just called "the dozens". As I've had the opportunity to watch
it, it's an insult contest that starts more or less spontaneously.
Someone makes an off-hand jab at someone, the latter replies and
they may keep it going. If they're good at it, it keeps going, getting
more and more colorful and literate/poetic, folks pull their chairs around
to watch, and it's lotsa fun. The folks I saw were so good I wished I
could have recorded it; would have had a lifetime of material...

--Sheik