[Dixielandjazz] Who to leave my recordings to?

David Richoux tubaman@batnet.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:18:09 -0800

This is certainly a topic of timely interest as OKOM collectors "age
out."  As a radio broadcaster and record collector I would like to
suggest donating collections to your local non-commercial jazz (or
other music) radio station. Not all stations still have the capability
to play phonograph records but they all can use CDs. Not all stations
have large spaces available for tons of albums or 78 rpm records but
some do. Not all stations currently have OKOM programming (that is
another topic) but there is always hope for the future !

We get small jazz collections donated at KFJC several times a year, on
average. It takes a while to go through the donations to find what we
need to add to our library - the rest is either traded/sold at local
record stores or at our regular record swaps. (The money raised goes
directly into the operations budget.) (and what goes is out usually
something like the 15th copy of a cheap re-issue of something by Al
Hirt...)

Donations can be tax deductible if that is important to you.

Dave Richoux The Jazz Parade www.KFJC.org