[Dixielandjazz] Who to leave my recordings to?

David W. Littlefield dwlit@cpcug.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:34:31 -0500

At 12:17 PM 11/26/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>      For the Library of Congress...They have to print a truckload of stuff
>every day that Congress is in session.  Every word that is spoken....every
>volume that is even mentioned or referenced..is printed in full, cataloged,
>and stored somewhere in the bowels of Washington.  You think they have time
>(or the inclination) to worry about jazz recordings???

The Library of Congress Recorded Sound Section (or whatever they call it
these days) worries very much about jazz recordings. Sam Brylowski, the
Head, knows okom thoroughly, and there's at least one other person there
who's an okom expert, David Sager, trombonist. They'd be happy to get the
rarer stuff, including privately recorded tapes, etc.

--Sheik