[Dixielandjazz] CD Storage

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 05:36:15 EST

Hi all,
I alleviated, but did not cure my CD storage problem like this.

I have a Technics keyboard and I designed a wide shelf to take the keyboard,
supported at each end by a cupboard. The cupboards are 2 cd`s wide and about
the same deep. Their height is about 1 foot  taller than the keyboard shelf.
The cupboards I designed with a piano hinge and the swinging `door` section
is deep enough to accomodate a CD laid flat. The joiner I employed to do the
job inserted a wire rack in each section and these hold 2 CD`s each.
The total storage therefore in a space about 4ft by 18 inches is
1 Keyboard
250 cd`s
40 video tapes
All this and a quite respectable looking piece of furniture too.

Cheers

PatL