[Dixielandjazz] About my unsubscribing

fred spencer drjz@bealenet.com
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:26:25 -0500

--------------CB1D53E9FD4079C89C2D06A4

Dear Jim,
Apologies for the irksome delay, but this ancient computer has been ignoring my
inexpert orders, and I had to wait for a friend to come and talk to it. I have
enjoyed your many DJML contributions, which were always thoughtful and to the
point. A collection of your, and others', archival DJML comments would make a
wonderful book. Any budding author/editors out there?
Along those lines, I assume that you are too busy to indulge in deep reading, but
I have a book which you might enjoy - The Best of Jazz Score - compiled by Roy
Pellett. The dust jacket blurb says it is "An unparalleled selection of
anecdotes, one liners, and reminiscences from the BBC radio series Jazz Score.
It's a sort of British answer to Bill Crow's Jazz Anecdotes.
If you have time for this, please send the address to which I should mail it.
With all my best wishes.
Fred
JimDBB@aol.com wrote:

> After I announced that I was going to unsubscribe from the DJML because of
> health reasons I have received an outpouring of very kind and thoughful
> messages.  You all are a wonderful diverse, interesting, knowledgeable and
> caring group of people.
>
> Let me say a few additional words.  Tommy Loy's passing was a big wake up
> call to me. Tommy made a special effort and came up here a year ago in Aug,
> 2001 to attend a 'retirement' party that the Illiana Club of Traditional Jazz
> put on for me.  That meant a lot to me and I'm very sorry that I could not
> reciprocate.  Tommy was in fine shape and played up a storm at this event.
> And now he is gone and it was so quick.
> I realized that my affairs are in total disarray and I know that I have to
> devote my time remaining energy to straightening some things out.  MY MD says
> that I have 'end stage' emphysema. Well, frankly, I don't like the 'end
> stage' bit and so I refer to my situation as 'advanced health complications.
>
> I have also been active on a very active internet anti-cult newsgroup and I
> have to withdraw from much of that activity.  I am very high on the
> Scientology's cult's very long hit list.  Scientology has a website with a
> whole page on what an evil guy I am.
>
> So, what I am going to do is what some have suggested.  I will lurk for
> awhile and I may chime in on something once in awhile.
>
> God bless all of you for you kind thoughts.
>
> P.S.   My Lifemate, Judi K has a new website going up wherein our CDs and
> things will be available.  It should be done in a few days and I will get
> back with that information.  Judi is a wonderful singer and if you have not
> heard her, you are in for a treat.  She has been a big help to me in many
> ways.
>
> Please feel free to contact me off list.
>
> Jim Beebe

--------------CB1D53E9FD4079C89C2D06A4

Dear Jim,
ignoring my inexpert orders, and I had to wait for a friend to come and
talk to it. I have enjoyed your many DJML contributions, which were always
thoughtful and to the point. A collection of your, and others', archival
DJML comments would make a wonderful book. Any budding author/editors out
there?
reading, but I have a book which you might enjoy - <i>The Best of Jazz
Score - </i>compiled by Roy Pellett. The dust jacket blurb says it is "An
unparalleled selection of anecdotes, one liners, and reminiscences from
the BBC radio series <i>Jazz Score</i>. It's a sort of British answer to
Bill Crow's <i>Jazz Anecdotes</i>.
mail it.
from the DJML because of
and