[Dixielandjazz] About my unsubscribing

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:49:25 EST

After I announced that I was going to unsubscribe from the DJML because of
health reasons I have received an outpouring of very kind and thoughful
messages.  You all are a wonderful diverse, interesting, knowledgeable and
caring group of people.

Let me say a few additional words.  Tommy Loy's passing was a big wake up
call to me. Tommy made a special effort and came up here a year ago in Aug,
2001 to attend a 'retirement' party that the Illiana Club of Traditional Jazz
put on for me.  That meant a lot to me and I'm very sorry that I could not
reciprocate.  Tommy was in fine shape and played up a storm at this event.
And now he is gone and it was so quick.
I realized that my affairs are in total disarray and I know that I have to
devote my time remaining energy to straightening some things out.  MY MD says
that I have 'end stage' emphysema. Well, frankly, I don't like the 'end
stage' bit and so I refer to my situation as 'advanced health complications.

I have also been active on a very active internet anti-cult newsgroup and I
have to withdraw from much of that activity.  I am very high on the
Scientology's cult's very long hit list.  Scientology has a website with a
whole page on what an evil guy I am.

So, what I am going to do is what some have suggested.  I will lurk for
awhile and I may chime in on something once in awhile.

God bless all of you for you kind thoughts.

P.S.   My Lifemate, Judi K has a new website going up wherein our CDs and
things will be available.  It should be done in a few days and I will get
back with that information.  Judi is a wonderful singer and if you have not
heard her, you are in for a treat.  She has been a big help to me in many
ways.

Please feel free to contact me off list.

Jim Beebe