[Dixielandjazz] Favorite Piano Solos & clarinet

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:49:55 EST

--part1_156.1760384d.2b04a193_boundary

In a message dated 11/13/02 5:22:48 PM Central Standard Time,
dingle@baldwin-net.com writes:

> I was blessed to grow up in the midst of players like this. To this day I
> refer to Eddie Miller and Rosie McHargue as "Uncle Eddie" and "Uncle
> Rosie."
> What a generation these players were for the type of music we share a love
> for! Lucky me...my early inspirations living just next door in the Valley.
> Don Ingle

   Indeed, you were lucky, don.   My early inspirations lived 400 and 1000
miles from me. I know that you have said that you studied music and arranging
with Matty Matlock but who did you study trumpet with?   For those of you who
may not know, Don Ingle is one of the better trumpet players in the jazz
world.  I had the pleasure of sharing the bandstand with him for a year or so
at the old Jazz Ltd. Club in Chicago...way back in the 60s.  Don...do you
remember that sleek looking waitress, Elsa?  I wondered what happened to her.
 She dropped me a note one night, which said..."when are you going to speak
to me?"  I quickly made up for this communiation void.

    Jim Beebe

--part1_156.1760384d.2b04a193_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/13/02 5:22:48 PM Central Standard Time, dingle@baldwin-net.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I was blessed to grow up in the midst of players like this. To this day I<BR>
refer to Eddie Miller and Rosie McHargue as "Uncle Eddie" and "Uncle Rosie."<BR>
What a generation these players were for the type of music we share a love<BR>
for! Lucky me...my early inspirations living just next door in the Valley.<BR>
Don Ingle</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Indeed, you were lucky, don.&nbsp;&nbsp; My early inspirations lived 400 and 1000 miles from me. I know that you have said that you studied music and arranging with Matty Matlock but who did you study trumpet with?&nbsp;&nbsp; For those of you who may not know, Don Ingle is one of the better trumpet players in the jazz world.&nbsp; I had the pleasure of sharing the bandstand with him for a year or so at the old Jazz Ltd. Club in Chicago...way back in the 60s.&nbsp; Don...do you remember that sleek looking waitress, Elsa?&nbsp; I wondered what happened to her.&nbsp; She dropped me a note one night, which said..."when are you going to speak to me?"&nbsp; I quickly made up for this communiation void.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_156.1760384d.2b04a193_boundary--