[Dixielandjazz] Re: Favorite Jazz Solos - Hodges?

Nancy Giffin nancyink@ulink.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:48:01 -0600

The list that Dan has compiled so far does not include one of my favorites:
Johnny Hodges. Please let me know which are your favorite Hodges solos. With
so many decades of material, I can't afford to buy a fraction of his music,
so you can help me out by narrowing it down a wee bit. I love when he plays
nice-and-easy tempos (or along the lines of "Things Ain't What They Used to
Be," "Daydream," and "Never No Lament"). Please include material from
recordings with Lionel Hampton and Teddy Wilson as well as from Duke
Ellington. Many, many thanks!