[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Favorite Jazz Solos

Dan Augustine ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:04:05 -0600

>From: Nancy Giffin <nancyink@ulink.net>
>Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:53:00 -0600
>
>From: Dan Augustine <ds.augustine@mail.utexas.edu>
>[snip] Yeah, well, what can i say?  Here are what some of us named as
>our favorite (not to say, 'the best') jazz solos.  I compiled this
>because a) i want to find and listen to the ones i don't have, and b)
>i like lists (shocker, eh?).  Dan..... [long list]
>Thank you SO much, Dan, for compiling this list; it's excellent.
>I have no jazz collection to speak of, so it's great to have something like
>this. Sadly, I'll probably never even get to hear many of these songs, let
>alone collect them, but I've got decades ahead of me to try.
>Love and hugs,
>Nancy
Nancy and others--
    I don't have many of them myself, but one place i'm checking is the Red Hot Jazz Archive, which does have at least a lot of the musicians mentioned and some of the solos mentioned (which you can hear by clicking on the song-title):

http://www.redhotjazz.com/musicians.html:
Red Allen
Louis Armstrong
Sidney Bechet