[Dixielandjazz] Fats

John Farrell stridepiano@tesco.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 04:34:47 -0000

I belong to a stride piano email group. One of this  morning's posts was
from
a female pianist, recently converted to jazz appreciation, who had
previously asked for suggestions as to recordings she should buy to further
her education.

Here is part of what she said :

"I listened to some Fats Waller CDs over the weekend.  I noticed all
the stuff he does with his voice on Christopher Columbus.  Don't mean
to offend anyone, but I got a couple of questions:  Was Fats Waller
gay?  Was he like on something?  That's kind of what I got out of
listening to his singing?

Suzanne

Princess of the PianoForte"

I wonder if Suzanne is a guy putting us on?

John Farrell
stridepiano@tesco.net