[Dixielandjazz] the "solo" question - SERIOUS????

Thompson rebecca.e.thompson@verizon.net
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:09:10 -0600

When this thread started, I thought idea of the "best" solo had to do
with either technical difficulty, or one very inspirational.  I would
like to see a "serious" suggestion based on these aspects and not just a
popularity contest.

Rebecca

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of
JimDBB@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 11:58 AM
To: dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] the "solo" question

In a message dated 11/7/02 10:39:16 AM Central Standard Time,
kash@ran.es writes:

Luis wrote:

Any way...after a while (2 weeks ?) I`ll make a summary and will send to
the
list here

I CAN see the value in this, but don't like the idea of claiming one
particular solo in jazz as being the very best.  There is too much
happening all the time to make jazz stop at a particular given solo.

Jim

   Why don't we all have fun with this and not take it so seriously.

    Jim Beebe