[Dixielandjazz] the "solo" question

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:57:39 EST

--part1_36.30e2e4a0.2afc0393_boundary

In a message dated 11/7/02 10:39:16 AM Central Standard Time, kash@ran.es
writes:

> Luis wrote:
>
> Any way...after a while (2 weeks ?) I`ll make a summary and will send to
> the
> list here
>
> I CAN see the value in this, but don't like the idea of claiming one
> particular solo in jazz as being the very best.  There is too much
> happening all the time to make jazz stop at a particular given solo.
>
> Jim

   Why don't we all have fun with this and not take it so seriously.

    Jim Beebe

--part1_36.30e2e4a0.2afc0393_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/7/02 10:39:16 AM Central Standard Time, kash@ran.es writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Luis wrote:<BR>
<BR>
Any way...after a while (2 weeks ?) I`ll make a summary and will send to<BR>
the<BR>
list here<BR>
<BR>
I CAN see the value in this, but don't like the idea of claiming one<BR>
particular solo in jazz as being the very best.&nbsp; There is too much<BR>
happening all the time to make jazz stop at a particular given solo.<BR>
<BR>
Jim</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Why don't we all have fun with this and not take it so seriously.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_36.30e2e4a0.2afc0393_boundary--