[Dixielandjazz] Don Gumpert Info

Kaye Wade Kaye@KayeWade.com
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:43:04 -0800

Dear Friends,
We saw the oncologist in Pensacola today.  Seems the cancer has
metastisized
from the kidney to the lungs and probably lymph nodes.  Neither chemo
nor
radiation can be used because of the location of the tumors - 8 in one
lung
and 3 in the other so, the only other possible treatment is interferon
or
interleukin and the prognosis is 6-8 months; removing the diseased
kidney
may buy another 2-3 months.    Meanwhile, the doctor told him to play as

often and hard as he wants to, he hopes to be able to play the French
Quarter Jazz Festival in New Orleans in April.
Are we fighting to find an alternate solution? Absolutely!
A miracle would help.

Love,
Sandy

--