[Dixielandjazz] Lonnie Donegan/Boondockers

Schnabbels@aol.com Schnabbels@aol.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:21:17 EST

--part1_19d.b6bd25d.2af8cb6d_boundary

Listmates,

There I was, yesterday afternoon (Sunday), being entertained by the
musicianship and humor of the Boondockers during the last set of the Arizona
Classic Jazz Festival. They bill themselves as a "skiffle" group. That may be
a bit of a stretch but it has probably something to do with the washtub bass
and the washboard. This band is essentially about laundry, mostly dirty!

Point is that they played a Donegan tune (I forget the title) and gave credit
to Donegan. Then we learned to-day that Lonnie died on Sunday. The universe
moves in strange ways. Perhaps I am getting too old, but more and more I am
beginning to believe that these are no random coincidences.

Just sharing a thought. Thanks for indulging me.

Rob van der Plas
Scottsdale, AZ

--part1_19d.b6bd25d.2af8cb6d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Listmates,<BR>
<BR>
There I was, yesterday afternoon (Sunday), being entertained by the musicianship and humor of the Boondockers during the last set of the Arizona Classic Jazz Festival. They bill themselves as a "skiffle" group. That may be a bit of a stretch but it has probably something to do with the washtub bass and the washboard. This band is essentially about laundry, mostly dirty!<BR>
<BR>
Point is that they played a Donegan tune (I forget the title) and gave credit to Donegan. Then we learned to-day that Lonnie died on Sunday. The universe moves in strange ways. Perhaps I am getting too old, but more and more I am beginning to believe that these are no random coincidences.<BR>
<BR>
Just sharing a thought. Thanks for indulging me.<BR>
<BR>
Rob van der Plas<BR>
Scottsdale, AZ</FONT></HTML>

--part1_19d.b6bd25d.2af8cb6d_boundary--