[Dixielandjazz] George Buck, Jazzology and Preacher Rollo

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 13:16:43 EST

--part1_197.ff8cd35.2af5708b_boundary

In a message dated 11/2/02 11:47:45 AM Central Standard Time, willc@nova.edu
writes:

> Now I knew Rollo and I was quite sure that Tommy Justice, his trumpet
> player, had no idea that he'd been released on CD. So I called George
> Buck to ask if he had any idea where I could get a copy of this
> recording.
>
> The long and short is: From Jazzology, 1206 Decatur Street, New Orleans,
> Louisiana, 70116 USA tel (504) 525-5000 (thanks to Nancy). And WOW!!!
> What a recording it is!
>
> The whole thing is air shots off the old Mutual radio network from back
> in the '50s when Rollo did a nationally broadcast show each week. The
> band was Rollo on drums, Tommy Justice, clarinetist Tony Parenti,
> trombonist Jerry Gorman , Marie Marcus on piano and Al Mattucci on bass.
> These players were uniformly superior players and all, in their
> thirties, were at the top of their form.

   and thanks to you, Will, for this post and information.  Damn, I used to
listen their show way up in wisconsin and I was called, I believe, the
Dixieland Breakfast Club.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_197.ff8cd35.2af5708b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 11/2/02 11:47:45 AM Central Standard Time, willc@nova.edu writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Now I knew Rollo and I was quite sure that Tommy Justice, his trumpet<BR>
player, had no idea that he'd been released on CD. So I called George<BR>
Buck to ask if he had any idea where I could get a copy of this<BR>
recording.<BR>
<BR>
The long and short is: From Jazzology, 1206 Decatur Street, New Orleans,<BR>
Louisiana, 70116 USA tel (504) 525-5000 (thanks to Nancy). And WOW!!!<BR>
What a recording it is!<BR>
<BR>
The whole thing is air shots off the old Mutual radio network from back<BR>
in the '50s when Rollo did a nationally broadcast show each week. The<BR>
band was Rollo on drums, Tommy Justice, clarinetist Tony Parenti,<BR>
trombonist Jerry Gorman , Marie Marcus on piano and Al Mattucci on bass.<BR>
These players were uniformly superior players and all, in their<BR>
thirties, were at the top of their form. </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; and thanks to you, Will, for this post and information.&nbsp; Damn, I used to listen their show way up in wisconsin and I was called, I believe, the Dixieland Breakfast Club.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_197.ff8cd35.2af5708b_boundary--