[Dixielandjazz] Re: George Buck, Jazzology and Preacher Rollo

Burt Wilson futurecon@earthlink.net
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:40:31 -0800

$40 was a LOT OF MONEY in those day. Still, I agree, not enough.
Burt

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com]On Behalf Of Nancy Giffin
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2002 11:10 AM
To: Will Connelly; DJML
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: George Buck, Jazzology and Preacher Rollo

> Will Connelly wrote:
>
> Not too long ago, there was a lot of discussion about Preacher Rollo's
> Saints and Bill Haesler chimed in with the information that he had an
> out of print Jazzology CD - JCD-51 - of the band.

Thanks, Will (& Bill), for another great suggestion for my dad.

I just got off the phone with my friend in Detroit who had originally
suggested I call George Buck, and he told me that George Buck is blind. He
said that one time, he went to see George in New Orleans, and no matter what
he asked for, George was able to walk straight to it in that huge warehouse
of Jazzology Records. They went upstairs to find something, and my friend
had to say, "George, for Chr_st's sake! Turn on some f_cking lights!!!"

I will definitely look into the Commodore collection of Will Bill and
Brunies. (What a shame Wild Bill only got paid $400 for all that work.)

Love and hugs,
Nancy