[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bob Kerr. Was: No dirge for England--not quite yet

Bill Haesler dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:25:26 +1000

Dear John,
As an Australian, I will keep out the debate regarding your national Anthem and
our Queen.
However, you mentioned in reference to Bob Kerr's Whoopee Band:
 >.......of all our audiences Brit, German, Danish........<
OUR audiences. Were you a member of the band?
We saw it several times at a Lowestoft festival and again in Putney.
Hilarious and great OKOM stuff.
I have the video and acted as an (unpaid) adviser for an Australian promoter
(keen to tour the band here) who wanted information regarding likely venues in
Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney.
Unfortunately the tour did not eventuate.
Kind regards,
Bill.
Get well soon.