[Dixielandjazz] Re: No dirge for England--not quite yet

dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 23:24:05 EDT

--part1_ff.18a24568.2a2846d5_boundary

In a message dated 5/30/02 3:51:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
roadie@btinternet.com writes:

> Hi Charlie,
>
> Bob Kerr's band used to play the National Anthem (slipping into the Beatles
> "Lady Madonna" after the first verse) and, being a German tune (Handel ?),
> it always received a good response from the German audiences even when the
> drummer sometimes wore a Hitler mask. Strangely, out of all our audiences,
> Brit, German, Danish, Belgian, Dutch, only the Swedish audiences were stone
> facedly unmoved by the routine.
>
> Back to me sick bed,
>
> John,
>         Suffolk, England.

   Hmmm...I must have some Swedish in me that I didn't know about.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_ff.18a24568.2a2846d5_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 5/30/02 3:51:40 PM Central Daylight Time, roadie@btinternet.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Hi Charlie,<BR>
<BR>
Bob Kerr's band used to play the National Anthem (slipping into the Beatles<BR>
"Lady Madonna" after the first verse) and, being a German tune (Handel ?),<BR>
it always received a good response from the German audiences even when the<BR>
drummer sometimes wore a Hitler mask. Strangely, out of all our audiences,<BR>
Brit, German, Danish, Belgian, Dutch, only the Swedish audiences were stone<BR>
facedly unmoved by the routine.<BR>
<BR>
Back to me sick bed,<BR>
<BR>
John,<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Suffolk, England.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Hmmm...I must have some Swedish in me that I didn't know about.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_ff.18a24568.2a2846d5_boundary--