[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bob Kerr. Was: No dirge for England--not quite yet

John Ding dixielandjazz@ml.islandnet.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 08:07:20 +0100

From: "Bill Haesler"

: However, you mentioned in reference to Bob Kerr's Whoopee Band:
:  >.......of all our audiences Brit, German, Danish........<
: OUR audiences. Were you a member of the band?

Indeed I was. From Sept '84 until Oct '88 tho' there were a couple of
spells when I ducked out to earn some real money. I don't recall doing any
festerings at Lowestoft during my tenure but the Half Moon pub in Putney
was the band's regular Wednesday night haunt when it was in the country.
Which year/decade was it that you saw them ?

Thanks for your well wishes. I got back from the Sand Bay festival on
Monday evening and promptly went down with a 48 hr flu' bug. I am now
like "death warmed up" as me dear ol' Gran used to say ..... so I must be
getting better.

Cheers,

John,
        Suffolk, England.