[Dixielandjazz] Rube Band

Bigbuttbnd@aol.com Bigbuttbnd@aol.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:08:52 EDT

In Atlanta we have The Seed & Feed Marching Abominables. This group has been
around about 15-20 years, must have 50 or more members and are hired all the
time to stir up some excitement. They usually are present at every major
parade and can often be found marching through a ballroom of executives at a
convention to make sure everyone is 'awake'. I believe the group is made up
of volunteers (doctors, lawyers, artists, writers, stock brokers, whatever)
and each person seems to be in charge of their own costume (which are often
elaborate and always hilarious). The arrangements run from Sousa to concert
band versions of pop and rock and are always just a little off on purpose. We
always look forward to seeing and hearing the Abominables!

Rocky Ball