[Dixielandjazz] The "EYES" have it

Schnabbels@aol.com Schnabbels@aol.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:41:54 EDT

--part1_dc.1a1345f9.2a6776e2_boundary

Listmates,

With apologies to the author (I forget who it was) who first suggested that
the visual impression by a band is very importantant factor determining
whether or not a band is perceived as "great" or just "good", I have to say
that I very much agree. And, also, the way you are dressed, as long as it
shows respect for the audience, is not a primary factor.

I don't want to play the quasi-intellectual here, but it occurred to me that
the initial visual perception is a catalyst for other sensory delights.

1. The initial visual perception of a group of performing musicians transfers
to auditory pleasure;

2. The "mouthwatering" visual effect of well-presented food, transfers to the
delight of the palate;

3. The initial visual attraction of falling in love and/or sex, tranfers to,
well, you know.

There is an old adage in the advertizing business called AIDA. It stands for
Attention, Interest, Desire, Action. At least the first three are based on
visual stimuli.

Rob "Them there eyes" van der Plas
Scottsdale, AZ

--part1_dc.1a1345f9.2a6776e2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Listmates,<BR>
<BR>
With apologies to the author (I forget who it was) who first suggested that the visual impression by a band is very importantant factor determining whether or not a band is perceived as "great" or just "good", I have to say that I very much agree. And, also, the way you are dressed, as long as it shows respect for the audience, is not a primary factor.<BR>
<BR>
I don't want to play the quasi-intellectual here, but it occurred to me that the initial visual perception is a catalyst for other sensory delights.<BR>
<BR>
1. The initial visual perception of a group of performing musicians transfers to auditory pleasure;<BR>
<BR>
2. The "mouthwatering" visual effect of well-presented food, transfers to the delight of the palate;<BR>
<BR>
3. The initial visual attraction of falling in love and/or sex, tranfers to, well, you know.<BR>
<BR>
There is an old adage in the advertizing business called AIDA. It stands for Attention, Interest, Desire, Action. At least the first three are based on visual stimuli.<BR>
<BR>
Rob "Them there eyes" van der Plas<BR>
Scottsdale, AZ</FONT></HTML>

--part1_dc.1a1345f9.2a6776e2_boundary--