[Dixielandjazz] And another thing;was:it's about time

Schnabbels@aol.com Schnabbels@aol.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:41:53 EDT

--part1_45.1a4baff7.2a6776e1_boundary

Listmates,

I believe that the current "It's about time" thread exemplifies once more
that this list is essentially self-correcting. Unlike the never-ending
threads about "British Trad", which we run through every two years like El
Nino, the non-OKOM aberrations soon die a quick and merciful death.

However, since the thread is still alive, I would like to add one more gripe:
A few days ago, an infrequently posting member, referred to the stage
presence and the humor of Pieter Meijers (no argument there!) and in the same
sentence called "Dutch Humor" an oxymoron. Since this a mere misstatement of
fact, an apology is not necessary. However, a retraction appears to be in
order.

Since the author of that statement is a somewhat obscure member of this list,
it may have escaped his attention that Dutch members of this list could well
be the largest non-anglophone group on DJML. So, on behalf of Meijers,
Cremer, Sleeman, van den Heuvel, Bielderman, myself and half of the Climax
Jazz Band (in either its current or past configuration): retract.

To proove that Dutchmen do have a sense of humor, here are two examples:

1. The U.S. Senate recently approved a Bill authorizing the President to
invade The Netherlands. We think it's hilarious. Keep those Apache
helicopters coming; we bought some too!

2. I will be staying on the List for the time being :>)

Rob "He's funny that way" van der Plas
Scottsdale, AZ

--part1_45.1a4baff7.2a6776e1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Listmates,<BR>
<BR>
I believe that the current "It's about time" thread exemplifies once more that this list is essentially self-correcting. Unlike the never-ending threads about "British Trad", which we run through every two years like El Nino, the non-OKOM aberrations soon die a quick and merciful death.<BR>
<BR>
However, since the thread is still alive, I would like to add one more gripe: A few days ago, an infrequently posting member, referred to the stage presence and the humor of Pieter Meijers (no argument there!) and in the same sentence called "Dutch Humor" an oxymoron. Since this a mere misstatement of fact, an apology is not necessary. However, a retraction appears to be in order.<BR>
<BR>
Since the author of that statement is a somewhat obscure member of this list, it may have escaped his attention that Dutch members of this list could well be the largest non-anglophone group on DJML. So, on behalf of Meijers, Cremer, Sleeman, van den Heuvel, Bielderman, myself and half of the Climax Jazz Band (in either its current or past configuration): retract.<BR>
<BR>
To proove that Dutchmen do have a sense of humor, here are two examples:<BR>
<BR>
1. The U.S. Senate recently approved a Bill authorizing the President to invade The Netherlands. We think it's hilarious. Keep those Apache helicopters coming; we bought some too!<BR>
<BR>
2. I will be staying on the List for the time being :&gt;)<BR>
<BR>
Rob "He's funny that way" van der Plas<BR>
Scottsdale, AZ</FONT></HTML>

--part1_45.1a4baff7.2a6776e1_boundary--