[Dixielandjazz] Movie "The Gig"

Ross Anderson rossanmjband@iprimus.com.au
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:21:11 +1000

G`day, once again,
IMHO, every OKOM muso on this or any other list knows 1or2 or even all of
the personalities depicted in the "Movie" . I rekon it tell the whole story
of trying to put a band together no matter what genre, be Dixie/Rock/ or
what ever .
Bill (Haesler) has backed up my statement about "Bob Barnard" .
Like Steve, Jim & Charlie have said , Go rent or buy or borrow the movie and
have a GOOD time.
Steve says!!!

>( If you are an OKOM musician and haven't seen "The Gig", by all means
> rush right out and buy it, and or rent it. Though it is about 15 years
> old, it is a wonderful movie from your point of view.)
Thats it from me for today,
The N.M.J.B. is off to MACKAY in Queensland for the weekend to play at a
"Festival" ,and we are looking forward to some WARM weather.
Hoo-Roo, Ross A
the NMJB web site address is http://home.iprimus.com.au/rossjazz/

Anderson bass link is http://home.iprimus.com.au/rossjazz/Double_Bass.htm