[Dixielandjazz] Movie "The Gig"

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:37:25 -0400

If you are an OKOM musician and haven't seen "The Gig", by all means
rush right out and buy it, and or rent it. Though it is about 15 years
old, it is a wonderful movie from your point of view.

If you go to OKOM festivals as a listener, by all means rush right out
and buy or rent it. You'll love it.

For both groups, it is a good movie. In that respect, I disagree with
those who say don't make a special effort to see it. Virtually every one
of my musician friends and fans who have seen it, got a kick out of it.
Perhaps the rest of the world sees it as ordinary, but then, they view
us as ordinary too.

And we are not, are we? :-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone