[Dixielandjazz] Re: taps

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:00:26 EDT

--part1_19b.5558bf8.2a6629ba_boundary

In a message dated 7/16/02 1:34:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
horton4jaz@earthlink.net writes:

> Someone wrote "The
> sound and what it stands for makes me proud to be an American and it
> makes me cry."
> To which, Jazzjerry wrote: "I feel sick."
>
> Obviously, Jerry has never seen a friend with his guts blown out by a
> 'Bouncing Betty' or his head blown off by an 88 or riddled by a burp gun
> blast.  Lucky Jerry.  Those kids took the hit for him.  If he's sick, all
> he
> has to do is take a Maalox.  Maalox doesn't erase memories.... or dry
> tears.
>
> Musical content: Taps

   Bill...Jerry is not an insensitive villain here.  He was just commenting
on David's sappy "Taps" story which has been exposed as a fraud.  David wants
to believe it even though it's not true.  Jerry's comment on this, " I feel
sick" is right on the money.

   Jim B

--part1_19b.5558bf8.2a6629ba_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 7/16/02 1:34:23 PM Central Daylight Time, horton4jaz@earthlink.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Someone wrote "The<BR>
sound and what it stands for makes me proud to be an American and it<BR>
makes me cry."<BR>
To which, Jazzjerry wrote: "I feel sick."<BR>
<BR>
Obviously, Jerry has never seen a friend with his guts blown out by a<BR>
'Bouncing Betty' or his head blown off by an 88 or riddled by a burp gun<BR>
blast.&nbsp; Lucky Jerry.&nbsp; Those kids took the hit for him.&nbsp; If he's sick, all he<BR>
has to do is take a Maalox.&nbsp; Maalox doesn't erase memories.... or dry tears.<BR>
<BR>
Musical content: Taps</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Bill...Jerry is not an insensitive villain here.&nbsp; He was just commenting on David's sappy "Taps" story which has been exposed as a fraud.&nbsp; David wants to believe it even though it's not true.&nbsp; Jerry's comment on this, " I feel sick" is right on the money.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim B</FONT></HTML>

--part1_19b.5558bf8.2a6629ba_boundary--