[Dixielandjazz] Band Dress

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:22:42 +0200

T shirts done decently is ok, in my book. But when you go into a nice
club in Chicago like, say, Andy's...T shirts, levis and long hair is a
turn off.=A0=A0=A0 Jim Beebe

Actually, all this t-shirt talk started because I mentioned some of us
wear t-shirts on the stand at local jazz clubs.  It's just the scene
here, and is not strange to anyone.  I mentioned that I wear a clean,
pressed t-shirt, and tend to have some sort of music theme on it. I
always try to look like I knew I was coming to perform!

 Our bass player often wears one of the band's t-shirts.  Pepe, our
trumpeter, always looks smart in anything he wears...just being that
kind of person.  Pianist & drummer tend to wear any old shirt, not
usually t-type.  Pianist always wears suspenders!  Doesn't like belts.
Neither are much into clothes, but you ought to hear the music......!!=20

Anyway, there is no uniform to the whole setup when we are at a club.
Different at parties & concerts, where we give some thought to the
matter.

Jim (Spain is Different) Kash