[Dixielandjazz] Rosemary Clooney RIP

Jim Denham james@jiming.demon.co.uk
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 00:48:25 +0100

What about Lee Wily, who didn't scat, didn't deviate much from the
written tune, and didn't improvise very obviously? But she subtly
changed the tunes, and was a favourite of such out-and-out jazzers as
Condon, Pee Wee and Kaminsky. Surely, she was a jazz singer par
excellence? Just like Mildred Bailey, Maxine Sullivan, Barbara Lee...and
Rosemary Clooney?

In message <008401c220e4$b4396d90$f94e063e@johnpetters>, john Petters
<jpettjazz@btinternet.com> writes