[Dixielandjazz] Re: Happy Every Day -- and the Holy-daze, too

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:03:37 +0000

Hi Don and all,

You wrote (regarding my use of "pantomime"):

>Slightly disagree with you, Bill. Pantomime here in USA is Mime.

Right! That's what I said.

>But in
>England it is more like Variety: skits, song and dance, much like our old
>vaudeville/burlesque without the strippers. They had strippers, but often
>did nude statues -- okay as long as they didn't move.

Hey! Performers doing nude statues!  I didn't know that. Think how much
street performances by mimers/pantomimers here in the U.S. would improve
with the inclusion of this artistic device! I'd toss a coin in the hat!!

>"Slowly I turned..."

"Step by step..."

Bill Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com