[Dixielandjazz] The difference between Brits and Yanks

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:55:14 +0000

Hi Listmates and Ivor,

This topic is starting to drift a bit from jazz . . . but it is fun and I
really enjoyed your response to my (hopefully amusing) comments on British
and American vocabularies.

After writing some funny stuff yourself further amplifying the differences
between the two languages you asked:

>What do you think this all means?

I think it means that we're in a lot more trouble than we thought we were.

>No offence intended, and in the best possible taste.

Absolutely no offence taken - in fact, I loved it! I can't comment on the
"taste" aspect of this because I am totally lacking in that department.  :-)

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "And Don't Get Me Started On Cockney Rhyming Slang!" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf