[Dixielandjazz] Re: Happy Every Day -- and the Holy-daze, too

Bill Gunter jazzboard@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:16:45 +0000

Pat Ladd, British to the core, writes (in response to my claim that any time
wasted is time well spent):

>Oh no its not! Oh yes it is!.
>
>Sorry ., I forgot that American culture does not include pantomime.

Not true, dude! You can go to any tourist gathering place such as
Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco or Times Square in New York and see
budding pantomimers in their white faced get-ups doing their favorite
pantomime schtick which is always being trapped in an invisible box which is
relentlessly shrinking. It's wonderful! The onlooking crowd can always be
counted upon to throw a few coins in the hat.

And people claim that performance art is dead in America. Pffaaahh!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Leaning with his elbow on an invisible mantle with his hand hanging
down" Gunter
jazzboard@hotmail.com

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf