[Dixielandjazz] LPs to CDs

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:03:49 EST

--part1_2b.32f5a063.2b277875_boundary

In a message dated 12/10/02 12:58:25 AM Central Standard Time,
torr@alphalink.com.au writes:

> the Tascam CD-RW700 CD burner plugs into the stereo and functions just
> like a tape deck but, better reproduction. Pioneer and others make good
> component CD burners too. I tried connecting the turntable to the PC but
> could not find a plug-in card with a magnetic preamp. This necessitated
> use of a stereo amp between the PC and turntable. Too messy if the PC
> and sound system are at opposite ends of the house. It is handy to be
> able to burn tracks on a re-writable CDs on the Tascam, then take them
> to the PC for burning, editing, compiling, whatever........

   It is much simpler to get a Pioneer CD recorder and hook it into your
stereo system.  Then you can record on CD from LPs, Cassettes, CDs, and the
radio.  When you copy an LP you must stop at the end of each track if you
want the tacks marked and numbered.. the same for cassettes.  If you are
copying whole CDs, you can do it double time. I find it much simpler and
better recordings than messing                                        with
the computer.

   Jim Beebe

--part1_2b.32f5a063.2b277875_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3>In a message dated 12/10/02 12:58:25 AM Central Standard Time, torr@alphalink.com.au writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">the Tascam CD-RW700 CD burner plugs into the stereo and functions just<BR>
like a tape deck but, better reproduction. Pioneer and others make good<BR>
component CD burners too. I tried connecting the turntable to the PC but<BR>
could not find a plug-in card with a magnetic preamp. This necessitated<BR>
use of a stereo amp between the PC and turntable. Too messy if the PC<BR>
and sound system are at opposite ends of the house. It is handy to be<BR>
able to burn tracks on a re-writable CDs on the Tascam, then take them<BR>
to the PC for burning, editing, compiling, whatever........</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; It is much simpler to get a Pioneer CD recorder and hook it into your stereo system.&nbsp; Then you can record on CD from LPs, Cassettes, CDs, and the radio.&nbsp; When you copy an LP you must stop at the end of each track if you want the tacks marked and numbered.. the same for cassettes.&nbsp; If you are copying whole CDs, you can do it double time. I find it much simpler and better recordings than messing&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; with the computer.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_2b.32f5a063.2b277875_boundary--