[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bob Helm Compositions - Riverside Roustabouts

Bill Haesler bhaesler@nsw.bigpond.net.au
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:21:25 +1000

Dear Bob,
My 10" LP  copy is on English London H-APB 1039 'Riverside Roustabouts' with Bob
Helm's Riverside Roustabouts.
Everett Farey, c (except on Back side/I don't/Seagull); Bob Helm, cl; Hank Ross,
p; Bill Stanley, sb & tu on Dawn Club joys);
Bob Thompson, wb. Recorded New York. 8 Oct 1954.
The original Riverside No. was RLP 2510.
Like you, I would love to see it reissued on CD.
Titles: "Riverside shake/Dawn Club joys/Back side o' town/Doin' the Plymouth
Rock/How'm I gonna do it (when I don't know what you crave/I don't want any
more/Seagull strut/Daybreak blues.
I have mentioned earlier that our cltist Jack Wiard (now on tour in the US with
Sydney-Zenith Jazz Band) features  "Riverside Shake" with our band.
Jack is a friend and admirer of Bob Helm and when he fronts a group for
Australian jazz festivals (and on his CD) calls it Jack Wiard's  Riverside
Roustabouts in homage to Bob H.
One broadcaster referred to Jack's group as Jack Weird's Riverboat Roundabouts.
Kind regards,
Bill.