[Dixielandjazz] Misplaced words

Ivor Jones banjones@oninet.pt
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:49:21 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Farrell" <stridepiano@tesco.net>
> .   .   .
>
> May I make a comment on your suggested "anastrophe"? "Usually for
rhetorical
> effect" appears to indicate that it is a deliberate utterance whereas a
> spoonerism is a inadvertent slip of the tongue.
>
> At this rate the list Gestapo will be on our tails - if you value your
life
> do not mention Thatcher!

No John, Thatcher is a 'catastrophe' A bit like a certain American
president, who of course will remain nameless, or should that be brainless.
Now I'm in trouble.

But I digress.   A lady we know said she couldn't have any more children
because she had a ex-directory. She actually said it . Honest.

Ivor