[Dixielandjazz] one musician's reaction

Charlie Hooks charliehooks@earthlink.net
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 16:26:53 -0500

A first-in-the-nation initiative appearing on Nevada's ballot in November
asks the public to legalize marijuana.

Not just for medicinal purposes. For recreational use, too!

If the initiative is approved, it would then have to "pass" again in 2004 to
become a constitutional amendment ... assuming enough Nevadans were still
straight enough to vote in 2004.

"We figger if we kin smoke dope and go to one of our famous Nee-vah-dah
brothel-resorts on the weekends, they kin bury their damn nuclear waste
anywhere they want ..." said one of the musicians.

[I checked this opinion out with several Chicago musicians, all of whom
concurred.]

charliehooks@earthlink