[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Movies

PLadd36932@aol.com PLadd36932@aol.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 04:17:24 EDT

In a message dated 09/08/02 02:16:25 GMT Daylight Time, JimDBB@aol.com writes:

<<  the music, "now you has Jazz and the others in high Society was all
 recorded first and them mimicked on camera.  Many visual takes for camera
 angles etc. >>

Hi Jim,
I realised, subconsciously, that of course it could not have been `just
filmed` but I hadn`t considered recording first and then miming although I
know that is often done. (Deborah Carr can`t sing, a succesfull mime in King
and I, and Kay Kendall couldn`t play trumpet like Kenny Baker, a less
succesfull mime in `Genevieve`)

As for the `many visual takes` is that not achieved by just having several
cameras filming the same action simultaneously and then intercutting?
That is the way I have organised amateur video shooting of an event, weddings
etc.That way if you have one camera running all the time there is a
continuous soundtrack which can be played throughout varying camera shots.

No doubt the professionals do it differently.

Cheers

Pat