[Dixielandjazz] QuickCop

Charlie Hull Charlie Hull <charlie@easysounds.com>
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 07:52:48 -0700

Whether it's by intent or poor design, KwikCop seems to be more trouble than
it's worth as a spam filter.  I'm signed up with SpamWeasel, which seems to
be doing a fairly good job but has the annoying feature of sending me an
e-mail notice of each spam item it rejected.  In other words, spamming me
about the spam it rejected.  It also send me a daily e-mail 'log', a
detailed textfile of all the e-mail it processed on that date, including the
full text of each piece of e-mail.  A simple one-line itemization for each
rejection would be fine.

Outlook Express' Message/Block Sender feature isn't much help because most
of the spam generators use a random numeric sender's address which is
different each time that sender spams you.  The one you blocked will
probably never be used again anyhow.

Does anyone know of a spam-blocking program that works without itself
spamming you?

Jazz content:  Weary (of spam) Blues

Charlie Hull