[Dixielandjazz] QuickCop

Andy.Ling@Quantel.Com Andy.Ling@Quantel.Com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:04:47 +0100

>     Sorry to bring this up again, but I missed a Digest.  Did we get to
the
> bottom of the QuickCop thing yet?

My reading of the situation is :-

QuikCop purports to be a spam filtering system.

It looks like somebody on the list has signed up to QuikCop, but
as yet nobody has admitted it.

The result of this is that messages to the list get sent to that
person, checked by QuikCop and rejected.

The list messages get sent to all other people on the list
without a problem.

It is not clear how secure email addresses given to QuikCop are
and it may be a way of gathering addresses to sell to spammers.

So until somebody owns up to having signed up to QuikCop and can
provide some evidence of their respectability, the advice is
to bin the message and not add you email address to their web site.

Hope that helps

Andy Ling