[Dixielandjazz] From Madrid....

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Thu Jan 12 12:42:39 EST 2023

Happy New Year!    ¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

Here’s a compilation video that is now 9 years old, of our band playing in a
restaurant just outside of Madrid.  It was a great gig, where we played
usually twice a month or more, but the place was sold to a non-music lover
just before the pandemic.  Lucky for the owner, but not so good for the
bookings!  Nicely put together video by someone having to do with the
restaurant (Barra 56).  That, by the way, is a typical Spanish crowd, which
are never timid or shy!   :>  Our trumpeter, Pepe Nuñez passed away 2 yrs
later, and the drummer is our old drummer who substituted that night for his
protégé, who is now the band’s drummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1lFH3vg71U

Cheers, Jim