[Dixielandjazz] Canal Street Jazz Band, Madrid

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Sun Aug 27 12:19:48 EDT 2023

Recently found this video of our band on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1lFH3vg71U

It's a montage of a whole evening in a restaurant we played at for a 2 or 3
times a month,  and is from 2014.  Our trumpeter then has since passed away,
and the drummer here gave up the gigs with us, but comes back often as a
sub.  The rest of us have been around since the beginning in the 1960's.
Anyway, the video shows you what a Spanish audience is like.  They certainly
are not a passive people!!  The owner of the restaurant sold the place just
before Covid (lucky for him!), but there is no longer music there, which is
a shame.  It was a great place while it lasted!

Jim