[Dixielandjazz] NOLA and NYC Travel

Larry Garrett lrg4003 at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 20:05:42 EDT 2023

Charles I've attended three so far including last year's.  There are so many venues and they're spread out enough that it never feels crowded.  And the diversity of the music keeps everyone kind of dispersed.  On some of the small stages with trad jazz on Bourbon Street there might only be 20-30 people watching.  Jackson  Square and the other larger set ups, with the bigger name performers, fill up but you can always find a place from which to watch including, in the case of Jackson Square, right down stage front.  And the music is all free.  And it's even a bit cooler in NOLA in April than other months.  The biggest challenge is seeing every act you want to see.

Larry GarrettWriter.  Clarinet player. 816-588-8200