[Dixielandjazz] Shakespeare, Swing and Satchmo,

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Sun Jan 10 13:55:24 EST 2021

Wow. What an incredible array of talent went into an incomprehensibly unlikely effort! I wonder—could it have possibly been an artistic or commercial success? If a film of a 1939 performance were found, what would be the reactions today, given the changes in perceptions about racial depictions from them until now? Bob, thanks for posting this report on what must have been one of the strangest productions ever. At least, we have the wonderful "Darn That Dream" as a survivor of the puzzle.

Charles