[Dixielandjazz] New list member in Geneva

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Thu Dec 16 06:47:39 EST 2021

As I said in my last post, the DJML Mailing list, which began in the late 1990’s, was a busy, busy list right up until several years ago when various more vocal members disappeared/passed away/or whatever.  Shame!  It has been a great site for information, and for meeting others with interest in older styles of Jazz.  I’ve had a good number of list members drop in to hear my band when they visited Madrid.  And, for instance, you will have seen the message to me from Bill Hassler, whom I met when I visited Sydney a few years back.  I’ve also visited with others when travelling in the U.S.  Bill knows a heck of a lot about the earlier recordings, as you will have noticed.  I am personally more into the live performing side of things (having played trombone steadily for 70 yrs now), and my knowledge really only goes back to the Revival days of San Francisco with Lu Watters, etc.  Do stick with the list, even though not messages appear these days, as there are still some very interesting folk on the list.

Cheers, Jim