[Dixielandjazz] Music & report from Madrid

jim at kashprod.com jim at kashprod.com
Sun Mar 22 12:10:50 EDT 2020

Here's a video I just found on YouTube of our band just 2 yrs ago at a local
Jazz Club, now defunct (as many before!).
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waECYwMWKM8>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waECYwMWKM8    No, not defunct because we
played at them!  :>  Just the bad economy here..and, now the quarantine
which is going to take its toll.  Madrid's weeklong quarantine is going to
be continued, it seems, until April 12th, at least!  A quick quarantine
brought S. Korea's virus curve down to flat very, very quickly, so hope the
same happens here.  They expect the numbers to go up next week, but
hopefully, the rise will flatten out after that.  Very, very strict here.

Anyone out, even walking a dog, is stopped by police.  If they are way out
of their neighborhood, they get a stiff fine.  No two people can be in a
car, or walking on the street.  If you are going out for medicine or food,
it is only one person, and must prove to police they are in their
neighborhood.  Otherwise, no one on the streets.  Every evening, at 8 pm, we
clap for a few minutes outside (window/balcony/yard), and wave to neighbors.
People are being very good about it.

Anyway, enjoy the music.  We had a banjo & clarinet sitting in in this
video.  If any of you recall, I have carried on in the past about wind
instruments sitting down.  You will notice here that I am sitting down, but
in some of the shots you can see the boot on my foot, as I wasn't able to
put any weight on my recently sewed back together Achilles tendon.  All good
now, thanks.

Jim