[Dixielandjazz] Question

Tony Orr orr.tony at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:25:36 EDT 2020

Ernie
One of the "Dixie" bands I am in was considering re-starting a regular
weekly gig but, the decision was made for us by the state government. There
has been an upsurge in this state to nearly 20 in the daily number of new
Covid-19 cases and the lockdown has been extended to mid-July, at least.
Bands, as well as venues and clubs supporting OKOM, are holding off to wait
and see.
Some areas of employment are getting financial support from the federal
government during the crisis but, not musicians in our category.
It's going to be a long Winter for many. Thank goodness for our universal
health-care.

Tony Orr
Melbourne, VIC